Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 10: Faro

I took the train from Porto speeding through Lisbon (because it looked like LA) all the way to Faro. ..Far a way. I stayed two days here. Today I walked 20km out to the coast and back. One of the advantages of having just walked from south to north Spain is that I can go just about anywhere,  with enough time. 

This picture is another example of Latin love.  Since I needed to repackage my walking sticks for airline luggage,  I got the bright idea to go to the Portugal Post Office.  I figured that if they could package my sticks for the mail, that would be good enough for American airport security etc. However the post person told me she could try putting my carbon fiber tipped walking sticks in two envelopes! I told her I didn't think that would do the trick. The guy behind me offered to translate the dialog.  Finally he offered to take me to a grocery store to package the sticks up. He had the butcher lady using meat wrapping paper with carboard etc. It was awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment